Handsworth Golf Club is a prestigious, Harry Colt designed mature parkland course, established in 1895. It is a well-known, friendly Warwickshire club, located just three miles from Birmingham city centre. Stooped in History, Handsworth holds various events and this year is the venue for the Warwickshire Amateur Championships.
We are looking for an experienced greenkeeper to join our team. Applicants would ideally have the following qualifications and attributes:
· 3+ years’ experience in golf course maintenance but we would consider applicants with less if they had the right attitude and ambition
· NVQ level 2, chainsaw and spraying certificates would be advantageous but not essential
· Have a proactive, positive inclination and a good attitude to working with others to help keep a highly performing, dynamic team
· Must be passionate about the job and have great pride in producing high quality work
· Must be willing to be flexible regarding weekend rotas and start times depending on time of year
· An interest or good knowledge in the game of golf would also be preferred
· Full UK driving licence
Standard hours are 40 hours a week with a paid break plus paid overtime on approximately one weekend in four basis. A competitive salary will be offered along with potential for further training and education.
To apply, submit CV/covering letter to Adam Jones, Course Manager [email protected]